1.23.2006

The second best thing to have in a snowstorm is leftover jambalaya


Of course the first best thing would be sunny, balmy weather, blue water and maybe a nice beach, but we'll be doing without that today. It'll be just warm enough to make the snow sloppy wet, thank you.

And no, the picture is not what's going on today, it's one of the Duluth pictures I've been threatening (no danger of a jinx now, is there). Scanned from a 30-year old and now-yellowing newspaper, so the quality leaves a bit to be desired. Forecast for today, here, is between 3 and 6 inches and that's about where it is at the moment. Between. Still, I have a nice supply of jambalaya left over from last night and I don't have to go to work until tomorrow, by which time I may get my act sufficiently together to shovel out the car. Laissez les bons temps snow.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wondered if that was you in the picture but noticed in the caption the photo is from 1922 - so probably pre-dates you. also thought there'd be a "told you so" in there as this is evidence of your many "when i was a kid, the snow was sooooo deep" tales.

Ted Compton said...

I told you so. heh.