1.28.2006

One sock short

Is this the worst thing that ever happens or what. There I am digging through the laundry bag and I have a whole pile of socks there but none of them match. You may think this is impossible because I only wear white socks. I only wear white socks because white socks always match. But now I have three kinds of white socks so they don't always match. At least three kinds. Maybe more. The system has broken down. (I also have one pair of red socks but I never wear them unless all the other socks are dirty. My red socks are sort of like that little red patch on the bottom of your fuel gauge. When the socks are red it means laundry time.)

And yeah, yeah don't bug me, one of these days I'll dig them all out and put them away where they belong. I know, I know. Just don't bring that up.

Anyway the socks in the bag are alien socks. Undocumented alien socks, that's what they are. They sneak into the dryer somehow. They're always alone - they never come in pairs. Undocumented alien single socks. Yeah, sure, they're all white but they still don't match. They don't belong.

Maybe I should switch to all red, start over. Or start wearing boots. That's it. Boots.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: