9.28.2014

I get it about the need for secrecy (wait, Global News Anchor?)

Holder: Al-Qaida offshoot hit by airstrikes was close to attack on U.S., allies - Yahoo News

"While most Americans had never heard of that band of Islamist extremists prior to the sustained overnight bombing campaign, ‘this is a group that has been known to us for two years,’ Holder told Yahoo Global News Anchor Katie Couric."

Really. I do. I also get it about the need for transparency. And I get it that sometimes those ends are contradictory.

But that’s no excuse for flat-out buffoonery. If you’re this worried about some branch of Al-Qaida (or however we’re spelling it today), don’t babble on about how Al-Qaida has been defeated, downgraded, disrupted, or (my personal favorite) decimated. It’s just unseemly, dude.

Try just shutting up.

No comments: