1.06.2014

Soup for supper

Pea soup with ham and baby carrots (oh no! don't eat the babies!). At least maybe that will work. The Blogger service has been seriously off its feed today, or my software has (I haven't had time yet to figure out exactly which, but maybe this evening). I lost a couple of good posts; maybe if I can't recover them I can reconstruct them, more or less.

Meanwhile it's been raining most of the day (pretty hard for a little while, right while I was on my way to the grocery store), turning the street crossings into ankle-deep puddles and the rest of everything into icy slush. It's all going to freeze hard tonight and stay that way until next weekend at least, or maybe until July. This is extremely grumpy-making; everything, everything, is now twice as difficult as it was yesterday, and takes twice as long. It might be marginally better than -20º temps.

Or it might not.

(Well, OK, that seems to have worked so maybe things are on the mend.)

No comments: