1.07.2014

My very thought

Brutal temperatures are forcing those in the Midwest, East into virtual hibernation. 
-USA Today
It's solid ice out there. And by virtue of marching bravely through the raging slush yesterday there is no place at all I need to be today. It's highly unusual, my spending an entire day indoors, but I'm making an exception for this one. (This may sound like a pretty pointless exercise since it's not going to get any better by tomorrow, but read on.)

Right. It will not get better tomorrow. But at least tomorrow I will be one day more resigned to my fate. Meantime, yesterday, during the brutally ugly New England winter, the software that allowed me to blog lazily all these many years broke. Died. Went away. This means I will have to work a little harder at avoiding work, and introduce many exciting and innovative new features to Yet Another Media Empire in coming days. Like, for example, actually paying attention. Also, since I have nothing else to do today, whatever.

Think of it as getting an early start on cabin fever this year.

No comments: