8.11.2013

Oh oh, there goes my day

Chromebooks and Chrome OS: ChrUbuntu: One Script to Rule Them All!

I bought a Chromebook a couple of months ago just to see if the thing would work or not and the answer is, yes, it works pretty well except 1) of course, it requires an internet connection and 2) the display totally sucks for working with graphics of any kind. But the keyboard is actually a shade above normal (to my touch) and the Chrome OS is, if not quite ready for prime time (IMO), quite promising. My 'book is the absolute cheapest bottom-of-the-line model, made by Samsung.
Now comes this possibility of installing Ubuntu Linux on it, which would be totally awesome. Totally. No kidding. So clearly, I will have to do it. Or try, at least. Oh yeah.

[OK, not. (It seems) my 'book is absent some necessary hardware switch. Possibly it will turn up some day. Meanwhile, I am able to call up a terminal, somewhat limited but sufficient to log into freeshell.org and run a BSD shell. Good times.]

No comments: