4.03.2010

So I get this catalog from Land's End today...

...funny how if you buy something from online the first thing they do is send you a bunch of snail mail...and what's in this catalog but a whole lot of women wearing longs. Only now, apparently, they're called crops. Once again the world of high fashion struggles, vainly, to keep up with me.

Speaking of which, I went to the grocery store this afternoon and got almost to the corner before I realized I wasn't wearing a hat. It's just that warm today. I haven't dug my summer hat out of its box yet (strictly speaking, I think I'm not supposed to do that until Memorial Day but I'm not all that much into strictly, never was) but maybe I should soon. Anything but go bareheaded. If the sun gets a good strike on my head the glare can be seen in outer space. I expect it - my head, in sunlight - to show up on Google Earth any day. The next thing you know, some alien astronomer will notice and send a fleet to investigate. This, we may not want.

On the other hand, if they have unlocked the secret to getting broadband as fast as they have it in France, maybe we do.


No comments: