3.29.2010

It's happened

I've long maintained that no matter how exotic or expensive a technology is it will eventually become a Cracker Jack prize or something equivalent (my corollary, to give credit where due, to Moore's Law). So it came as no surprise when I received spam by snail today promising, if I would only "switch to Verizon," a free netbook.

I don't need a netbook and nothing was said about what, exactly, needs be switched to Verizon to obtain one. Nothing was said, at least, on the outside of the envelope - it never occurred to me to look inside. (Ooops.) But I already use Verizon DSL and I don't want them getting their hands on anything else.
I won't mind it, though, when I find a coupon for an industrial-grade hard drive on the back of a Wheeties box (Breakfast of Terrabytes). That would be very cool.

No comments: