3.30.2010

Bruce Campbell, where are you?

Walking around with a Wi-Fi-enabled iPhone in a big city where there is Wi-Fi might be a good idea, but around here, not so much. True, there is a growing number of personal or business hotspots, all locked, but the number of public, open nodes - the library, a couple of coffee shops, a restaurant or two - remains pretty stable at just a few. And in that case, leaving a phone's (or a laptop's) Wi-Fi on just wastes juice.

So I spend a lot of attention, if not a lot of time, managing my phone's network activities - turning Wi-Fi off when I leave the house, that kind of thing. But sometimes it becomes sort of an afterthought, as when I leave my house and walk east I remember to turn the Wi-Fi off just about when I get to the end of the block. And that's where I notice there is a Wi-Fi hotspot named Bruce_Campbell_is_God.

I'm just thinking, Bruce, if you're out there somewhere, you might want to figure out who lives in the corner house.


No comments: