7.04.2009

We hardly knew ye

So we won't have Sarah Palin to kick around anymore, it seems. More mercifully, we won't have Vista. I've had it with Vista, really, I'm not kidding. It's possible that its current crankiness has more to do with a recent update to VMware Fusion than to the dozen or so Vista updates I installed the other day, I don't care. I'm figuring I want to keep Fusion around because I want to play around with Ubuntu and that runs slick as a whistle in the virtual machine, but Vista no thank you, we're done. Life is too short.

In fact, I've decided I've learned all I want to know about Windows, ever, and Microsoft is on it's own from here on out. With us, it's over. The only thing I need to do on Windows now is make an occasional tweak to my class files and I can do that fine by just going to work a half hour early or staying a half hour late, say, three or four times a year. Beyond that, there really is no point.

Windows, at least, was somewhat useful in its day. Palin, I'm not so sure.


No comments: