7.25.2009

"Welcome to Vista service pack 2"

Oh! Imagine the joy! And no of course I don't mind if it might take an hour or more to install, it's not a bug it's a feature, I can't wait to get started.

I figure I can read a book a month just sitting around waiting for Vista to patch itself.

On a related note, there's a new free iPhone app (the app is free, not the iPhone, duh) called "Shakespeare" that contains the full text of all Shakespeare's plays. There are 40 of them, if memory serves, so that's two, maybe three years of Windows updates right there.

BTW, Ubuntu is beginning to look like the Linux distro of choice for those netbook things. I saw a HP netbook the other day - $350, I think it was, kind of pricy for a netbook, but it had a semi-realistic keyboard on it and so, with a decent OS, it just might work. And a mouse. The trackpad on those things looks downright painful.

No, no, it's not done updating yet. Are you kidding me? I might take a nap. That's another thing Windows updates are good for.


No comments: