7.24.2009

Phooey

JIC you missed it, there are advisories from CERT and from Adobe regarding Adobe Reader, Acrobat, and Flash Player. They're munged; Adobe has promised fixes by the end of next week (by July 31). I don't use Reader or Acrobat but I do - everybody, more or less does - use Flash. So I took the Flash plug-in out of my web browsers and now just about every web page I look at puts up a warning that my browser has no Flash. It's a real PIA. We might have to give Adobe some kind of award for its contributions to work avoidance.

Speaking of which, on this page, the only Flash item is the world clock at the bottom of the sidebar. In all the rest of the empire there is no Flash used at all. So, if you decide to dump your Flash plug-in too, you can still hang around YAME and avoid more work than ever in the week to come.


No comments: