5.17.2009

Bulletin from elsewhere


SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) -- Republicans can reach a broader base by recasting gay marriage as an issue that could dent pocketbooks as small businesses spend more on health care and other benefits, GOP Chairman Michael Steele said Saturday....



''Now all of a sudden I've got someone who wasn't a spouse before, that I had no responsibility for, who is now getting claimed as a spouse that I now have financial responsibility for,'' Steele told Republicans at the state convention in traditionally conservative Georgia. ''So how do I pay for that? Who pays for that? You just cost me money.''

[From RNC Chief - Gay Marriage Will Burden Small Business - NYTimes.com]

Why not just ban marriage all together and save a whole lot more? Better yet, why not just quit spending on health care and other benefits and save it all?


Oh, wait...



No comments: