3.02.2009

Red night


red sky 1 (3-1-09), originally uploaded by tedcompton.

So what's this? I woke up at 3 AM last night, couldn't sleep, wandered into the kitchen and saw this. It was snowing, and the whole world - the sky, the snow on the ground, the air itself was red. Weird. I took the picture at 3:15. The photo's from inside a completely dark house (and through two panes of glass and a screen, with no tripod - hence the noise), and no lights showing in any of the other houses I could see. The color in the picture is a pretty good representation of what I saw. Reflected light from somewhere else, I guess.

I don't spend all that much time gazing out the kitchen window at 3 AM so I don't know if it looks this way every overcast night, or if last night was somehow different.

No comments: