3.02.2009

A momentary setback to the Spring thing


"I don't like snow," O'Malley said.

[From Northeast pounded by snowy late-winter storm]

Yeah, it snew. Six or eight inches, I'm guessing (you think I'm going out to check?) and it's still coming down. AccuWeather has the worst of it past us and the least ending by noon or so, followed by another day of 20-ish cold before it warms up again on Wednesday. Bah.


Or, more to the point, baaa. In like a lion, out like a lamb is the operating formulation here, and I'm expecting a whole lot of baaa for this.


I don't have to leave for work until noon today, by which time maybe - just maybe - they will have the streets plowed and probably the Interstate will be clear and maybe - just maybe - I will make it to Northampton. And maybe - just maybe - people will show up for class. Luckily it's only a one-day how-to-do-Windows class today so I don't care too much. The Word class starts tomorrow, and by then we should be back to normal in Western Mass. In other words, who knows.


(And that O'Malley is Gov. Martin O'Malley of Maryland, who, if I lived in Maryland, would have my vote right there.)



No comments: