1.27.2009

Could, indeed


Although Gibbs had said the briefing was over already, one reporter was able to shout out a final question, which made reference to Treasury secretary nominee Timothy Geithner's tax problems.



"Can you just say ahead of the Geithner vote, there has been some jest but also in seriousness that if Wesley Snipes had been nominated secretary of Treasury he wouldn't be in jail right now," the reporter said.



Gibbs interjected, "You can't imagine the number of perspective answers going through my head right now."



"But, I am asking, isn't the president asking the IRS to be more lenient to all Americans in the future when they say 'I didn't know but I'm sorry,'" the reporter continued.



Gibbs was a little shaken and stirred, "Let me uh, wow, this is one of those questions that could certainly get me in trouble."

[From The Raw Story | Press Secretary: Obama crowing 'I won' to GOP wasn't 'cowboy diplomacy']


No comments: