11.18.2008

Where is Kokomo, Indiana?

Cool. I just spoke that question into my phone and within two seconds Google had a map displaying on my screen. "What is the stock price for Apple" brought me a page of links to Apple's stock market info.


Alas, the suggested search "movie showtimes," which is supposed to bring local times based on the iPhone's determination of exactly where you are, brought me nothing specific because I'm, well, nowhere - but it did deliver a Google page that only required me to type in a ZIP code for results.


It's Google's new voice search for the iPhone I'm talking about, and it works like a charm. No typing, no tapping, just as promised - hold the phone to your ear, ask the question, and then look at the screen for results.


Oh, wait. "Weather in Boston."


It's 30º, and cloudy.


And 24º right here.



No comments: