7.27.2008

Oh no

<sigh> It's me. </sigh>


I've been bitching for years about bad cell reception at home, but now it turns out that if the phone is lying on the table it's fine, three bars minimum, sometimes four or even five. I pick it up, it drops to one, sometimes loses the signal all together. I'm crushed.


Well, OK, not so much. Seems to be an easy fix. A downscale Bluetooth earpiece, last year's model, does the job. I pick it up instead of the phone, it all works fine. Has the added advantage of making it easy to use the phone even when it's charging. Kind of cool.


I still think the 2.0 firmware somehow modified reception. There are places in town I'm noticing, once fine, where the it's-me effect now seems to apply. Word is, there's an upgrade in the works. Maybe that'll make things better. Who knows?


Still, I seem to be gaining ground.



No comments: