7.31.2008

And wow, he has the coolest playlist too!


"I'm old school, so generally, generally, I'm more of a jazz guy, a Miles Davis, a John Coltrane guy, more of a Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder kind of guy," said Obama. "But having said that, I'm current enough that on my iPod I've got a little bit of Jay-Z. I've got a little Beyonce."

[From The Raw Story | Obama 'brushes off' Ludacris over mixtape lyrics]

"Kicking beats," says writer Stephen C. Webster of Raw Story, "better known to the MTV crowd than old conservatives," raising the question just how old and how conservative he thinks these old conservatives are. I mean. Not remember Coltrane? Come on. And wasn't Beyonce in a Broadway show a while back? Dreamgirls? That's about as mainstream as it gets.


Turns out, Stephen C. twits, Obama likes some rap but not all, about as big a scoop as one gets in this endlessly trivial year.



2 comments:

...e... said...

well, she was in the movie...

Ted Compton said...

And that would be even more mainstream, wouldn't it?