1.28.2008

Yes, it matters

Ted Kennedy's endorsement of Obama counts with me, reducing my reservations to little more than vague hunches based on 30 years of working in and around Chicago and being marginally involved with Illinois politics myself from time to time. Obama edges Clinton on my board for now.

But on Feb. 5 I'll vote for Edwards - first because I want to see him stay in the race, and second because he's the first and so far only of the three who's taken a stand on the telcom immunity provision in the pending FISA bill. He's against it. He's right. If Clinton and Obama want to claim the right to lead, they should do a little leading. Now.

So there. I don't know no more - at least for a week or two, and then we'll see.

Update: For the record, Firedoglake is reporting both Clinton and Obama will be in the Senate and vote "no" on cloture on the pending FISA bill, the version that includes telcom immunity.

No comments: