1.25.2008

This is a really good week to have an end

Weekends, mostly I can take 'em or leave 'em. They don't make all that much difference to my schedule and I'm not going out to party anywhere anyway. But this week, TGIF. Last week was busier for me but this week was colder, maybe that's why. And if the forecasters are right by Sunday we'll be back up to freezing and after that the sky's the limit - who knows, maybe all the way up to 35. Or even 36 in the afternoons. Something to look forward to is what that is.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty conflicted over that so-called economic stimulus package the House of so-called Representatives passed yesterday. I guess the Senate still has vote on it so it's not a done deal yet but it looks like, in the House, the so-called Democrats traded away a boost in unemployment benefits and food stamps to give me 300 bucks. Now, another $300 would be nice - it'd buy me maybe a half-tank of heating oil or probably pay my car insurance come June (Is that stimulating? You tell me.). So I guess I'll take it if it comes my way but I'm not sure it'll feel really good, because there are other guys who need it more than I. 

After watching these Ds in action for a year now - the ones in Congress - I've concluded it's not that they just don't know how to say no, it's that they - or enough of them, anyway - think so much like the Rs it's hard to tell them apart. And that's a really, really, really bad thing, bunky, take my word.

No comments: