11.22.2006

Oh yeah, this is awesome. You gotta look.

A presenter at a technology conference demonstrates a new idea for designing a computer interface.
In case you haven't noticed, this is the last day of the first three days of the week. Which, I think, right there, makes it a good time to take a little break from reading the news. So I haven't been. Much. So far. And what I have been - reading, I mean - has been so uniformly, dismally depressing I haven't felt like posting any of it. But I'm making spaghetti for supper so that'll get me going again.

Anyway I have to do some Excel stuff because I have an Excel class next week. Not that I haven't ever done Excel before, but it always takes a little time to sort of pull the pieces back together and get the lessons planned and handouts whipped into shape, I like to sort of fool around with the plans a little anyway, try something new, see if I can find a better way. It's only a three-morning class this time, which isn't a whole lot of time for something as complex as Excel, and there's always a tradeoff between time spent entering data to work with (practice, up to a point, is good) and time doing the working with. So I think I'll fool around with that mix a little bit next week, see what happens.

Which is another thing.

No comments: