11.20.2006

I kind of like this idea: Take the world offline, clean up the goo.

(ITWorld) - A virus has infected a virtual world, and there’s no Matrix like Neo saviour in sight, flying around the world zapping the bug with his super matrix-y powers. Instead, Second Life’s technicians needed to take the world offline over the weekend and clean it of all sings of the virus before turning it all back on again.

Of course it's a "virtual" world, not the "real" world we're talking about here, not that it's always easy to tell which is which. Called "Second Life," which I haven't become involved with myself, mostly because I'm still trying to get the first one figured out.

In other virtual news:
The World of Warcraft virtual world was attacked recently...

...by, I don't know - who would attack the World of Warcraft? The World of Peacecraft? Go figure that one out.

No comments: