9.01.2006

The world seems a whole lot nicer when you don't read the news, have you ever noticed that?

The news, I mean. Whatever. Meanwhile I found a Robert Ludlum book I've never read before (or listened to - it's an audiobook) at the library today. It's already been listened to by two golfers and a hockey player, judging from the condition of the CDs, but maybe I can squeeze enough sound out of it for one more go. September's going to be a book-intensive month; gotta get stocked up. The library's collection tends toward classics (you can imagine how beat up those Shakespeare CDs are by now) and non-fiction (and although I do make the occasional exception I have a self-imposed fiction only rule for audio), so it's always a good day when I find a nice, escapist novel to listen to.

4 comments:

...e... said...

have you tried american gods?

Ted Compton said...

Yes. I liked it.

...e... said...

anansi boys?

Ted Compton said...

Never heard of it.