9.01.2006

See? Here's what happens if you have a foreign tiger.

Crackdown Is Urged on the Trading of Tiger Parts in China - Los Angeles Times:
Since 1993, the Chinese government has banned all domestic trade in tiger parts.
Can't get parts. So if you have a Chinese tiger, Bunky, better take good care of it because it might have to last a long, long time.

I had a Volvo back in the 70s and believe me, I can tell you all about missing parts. That sucker left a trail of tailpipes all over the Midwest. To this day I can identify the sound of a tailpipe falling off a blue Volvo with my eyes closed, from a block away. Not to mention all the other assorted bits and pieces. (Hear that? That was a right rear door handle.) They cost a small fortune to replace and they weren't even illegal. So I can imagine how bad this tiger thing must be. I'd stick with good old-fashioned Detroit tigers if I were you.

No comments: