9.20.2006

Oh well. I never figured out what "draw down" means anyway.

'06 Cuts In Iraq Troops Unlikely - washingtonpost.com:
Asked point-blank whether the United States is winning in Iraq, Abizaid replied: "Given unlimited time and unlimited support, we're winning the war."
But whatever it means, it seems to be no longer part of the plan. Unless it means sort of like "dress down," in which case I guess we could still try for sort of a surfer look or something. Anyway this guy Abizaid - everytime i read that name I think of Frost's Abishag (the withered hag) but that, of course, is neither here nor there - Abizaid, I say, notes "The bodies are piling up in areas that are not necessarily the same areas that we're patrolling." All of which, explains WaPo, "dampened" hopes for troop cuts (those would be US troops cut, of course - we're actually trying to involve more Iraqis) this year.

I don't know. My own hopes were way past damp already. Soggy, in fact, would be a better word.

No comments: