7.16.2006

Well that explains it then!

Pam Bright, a spokeswoman for the state's Homeland Security Department, said federal administrators asked Indiana to make a list of "critical infrastructure and resources," not a list of potential terrorist sites.

America's No. 1 terror target: Indiana? | IndyStar.com

Thanks, Pam! Nobody can say Amish Country Popcorn is not an infrastructure. Or resource. One of those.

Actually, though, I think Pam is just covering up for a clever Homeland Security plot to get all the terrorists to go to Indiana. I mean, who'd care? As long as they don't screw up the 500.

I've been to Berne, which is where the critical popcorn factory is - my Grandparents used to live there (not at the popcorn plant, in Berne) - and I'm asking here, who'd miss it? I mean, hardly anybody knows it's there to begin with. Not that I have anything against Berne, you understand (did I mention my Grandparents used to live in Berne?), it's just that there's practically no there there. Not even a popcorn plant. It's on a gravel road outside of town.

Crafty, DHS. Ain't no flies on you.

technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno. Looks cute. There are 4,150 other people who think so too (not including your grandparents).

http://www.bernein.com/default.htm

(Were these your mom's folks?)

Ted Compton said...

(Yeah. They moved from Berne to Van Wert, which is actually not very far away. Sorta just across the border.)

Why are we whispering?