3.18.2006

Words - you gotta love 'em. Or hate 'em. Whatever.

Like, for example, the word “nudity.” Just look how awesome that one is.

New Fines for Indecency:
The FCC also denied CBS's appeal to nullify a proposed $550,000 in fines for network-owned stations for airing singer Janet Jackson's brief nudity during the halftime show of the 2004 Super Bowl.
She was about, what, two square inches of nude? Would that be about right? (I blinked and missed the whole thing, myself. Last time I'll ever blink during a half time show, you bet.)

Well, damn. I guess I'll have to throw away my favorite t-shirt then. I was running around nude all last summer and didn't even know it. Although the way I remember it just about everybody else in town was nude last summer too. Skin? You wouldn't believe. (I saw some really, really hot knees. But don't get me started.)

Or maybe it's not being nude if you're, you know, there. Only if you're not. Like on TV. I don't know. “Nudity” is just one of those words, I guess.

No comments: