3.22.2018

This is who we are

We are a city known as a town, apparently, presumably because being a city qualifies us for more state loot while being a town is just more, well, towny. Tell me if I'm wrong.

I learned this while filling out a lengthy form at the city known as a town's brand new Senior Center, thereby officially becoming an Old Guy allowed to wander around the place without a minder (you'd think it would be the other way around, but it's not).

On the form, I promised not to be a bully, promised not to wear perfume, promised not to take my shoes off, and promised not to do naughty things on the computers, of which there are three. Dells, running Widows 8.

I also got a pronoun. No kidding. It, the form, asked me what pronoun I wanted and I got kind of stumped there. Is "your Majesty" a pronoun? How about "your Honor"?

I used to know a guy whose first name was Judge. Granted, Judge is a name and not a pronoun, but it did get him a lot of free drinks. That was in Chicago—I don't know how well it would work in a city called a town.

4 comments:

Lynn C Dot said...

Welcome to the new tax guy! Can I borrow Max for the next few weeks?

Ted Compton said...

He’ll be on the next flight out.

Lynn C Dot said...

Excellent.

Ted Compton said...

This is sort of like a footnoterphone.