11.17.2011

Does this mean even the people of Iowa are tired of those mopes?

Livewire | TPM

The Des Moines Register has canceled a Republican presidential debate that was scheduled for December 19, instead partnering with ABC News for a December 10 debate that had already been announced by that network...

I've never been to Iowa but I once saw Iowa on the other side of a river from Illinois, so either it really is there or it's a very clever ruse indeed. I was about to give up on the ruse idea but then I read a story about deep-fried butter at the Iowa state fair so, you know, really. Also I once knew a guy who said he was from Iowa but he was dating a girl from nowhere so what could that possibly prove? I'm sure you understand. Still, you would think it a perfect place for R's to debate, except apparently it's not.

No comments: