10.28.2011

The spinach of shame

A month or so ago, when there was a hurricane scheduled to blow through here and therefore a possibility of power lines blown down, I decided it was time to lay in a winter-level stock of food that required neither refrigeration nor cooking to be useful, so I bought the customary few cans of beans and SPAM and peanut butter and an extra box of crackers and then, in a spasm of health-guilt, I decided I really ought to get some kind of vegetable as well. And I bought a can of spinach. Really. Who buys canned spinach, right? Go ahead and laugh. Even the woman at the check-out did. 

That can has been leering at me from the second shelf of my kitchen cabinet ever since, impossible to ignore. I can't take it any more. So I'm going to heat the stuff up and eat it tonight.

Don't tell.

No comments: