10.30.2010

The government wants to look at my aorta

The trouble with getting old is, things just start to creak. Seriously. Joints. Bones. Stuff like that. Or I get out of bed in the morning and find I have a sore heel on one foot. I went in for my annual checkup last week and found out that thing with my heel has a name. I don't remember what the name is but so what. If I know it has a name it doesn't hurt so much. If I ever remember what the name is, hey, by then I might have forgotten the whole thing. Funny how that works.

Anyway, I got A+ marks on my checkup so I'm certified for another year and...Oh crap. I'm going to get even older. I didn't plan on that. What if the other foot gets sore too?

About the aorta: The VA has decided some kind of screening for aneurisms is a good idea. This is kind of a death panel in reverse. To do this screening they plan to look at my aorta with ultrasound, so I guess I can find out if I'm pregnant at the same time. A twofer.

I hate to disappoint all the wingnuts but this sounds like a good idea to me.

2 comments:

...e... said...

plantar fascitis. it will go away if your flex your foot back and forth, stretching your arches, 20 times in all four directions every morning before you get out of bed; it will get worse if you don't and eventually your arch will collapse and you'll have to rehab for a full 18 months to get it back to where you can walk without the club foot effect, during which time you can't dance. ask me how i know this.

Ted Compton said...

That's it! Fascitis! I feel better already.