3.03.2010

Now...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama will usher in the last act of his push to overhaul the $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system on Wednesday by arguing that his retooled plan, incorporating more ideas from rival Republicans, is essential for the good of the country.

link: Obama to push healthcare overhaul into final act - Yahoo! News

...all the D's want is to get something - anything - passed that says "health care reform" on the label, doesn't matter how good or bad. That much I get. But, "incorporating more ideas from rival Republicans"? What does that mean? Obama's going to jump off a bridge or something? I don't get it.

As I've said many times before, I have a purely platonic relationship with this health care reform thing. I don't much care what happens one way or the other, except that lower cost would be a good thing for everybody, myself, at least in principle, included. But I think the plan that's on the table now is a mess, and a mistake. A big mistake.

If it passes, here's a preview of what to expect:

MASSACHUSETTS HAS been lauded for its healthcare reform, but the program is a failure. Created solely to achieve universal insurance coverage, the plan does not even begin to address the other essential components of a successful healthcare system....

"Mass healthcare reform is failing us" - Boston Globe


No comments: