1.21.2010

Unexpected?

WASHINGTON – The number of newly-laid off workers seeking jobless benefits unexpectedly rose last week, as the economy recovers at a slow and uneven pace....

The unemployment rate is 10 percent and many economists expect it to increase in the coming months.

link: Initial jobless claims unexpectedly rise - Yahoo! News

If the D's in Washington are thinking what caused the voter backlash in MA the other day is their wimpy health care bill they're wrong, IMNSVHO. It was about the economy, and the economy is about jobs. Jobs on Main Street, not Wall Street.

The Minnesota chapter of the Democratic Party is called the DFL, which stands for Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, which is the party I grew up with and pretty much what I mean when I say I'm a Hubert Humphrey Democrat, or was, before I gave up on the whole thing and became, somewhat belligerently, an I. Not Democratic-Wall-Street-Big-Pharma Party, which is what the D's in Washington seem to think.

If they want my opinion, which obviously they do not, they ought to ditch the WSBP and go back to FL.


No comments: