8.09.2008

Gotta love it

I stopped in at the local ice cream emporium on the way home from the bank for a quick scoop - menu above. And no, mine was Dutch Orange Choc. I didn't even ask about the geeks (eeeww). But here's something for you to ponder on, Bunky: I heard several people remark on the menu while I was waiting in line and every single one of them said "three geeks and a redhead," whaddya think of that?


Anyway, the point is, while I was there I knocked down a chapter of Wells's "The Time Machine" using this really cool app right here, Stanza, on my iPhone (works on an iPod Touch too) and it works like a charm. Amazingly (to me) easy to read, given the small screen. There's a desktop app too (note the link) - free now, $15 when it gets out of beta, they say - reads all sorts of public domain books, hundreds and hundreds of them, plus stuff you may want to put in there yourself (reports, papers, whatever, I don't know). But the real payoff, of course, is in the pocket. I usually have an audiobook handy but hey, you can't have too many books when you get stuck waiting in a line. Stanza saves your place for you so you just pop it open and read, how cool is that?

No comments: