6.09.2008

Zippy!


SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc (AAPL.O) on Monday unveiled a next-generation iPhone with faster Internet access that will run on advanced wireless networks and sell for as low as $199 -- half the current entry-level price....



"It's amazingly zippy," Jobs said, showing off the encore to a device that melds a mobile phone, iPod media player and Web browser, nearly a year after the original went on sale.

[From Apple introduces "zippy" new iPhone, slashes price - Yahoo! News]


Whoa. Twice the speed at half the price would be kinda cruel except that where I live I'm lucky to get a couple of bars, let alone 3G. I won't be holding my breath. If I lived in one of those new-fangled city places I might be interested, but here? Not so much. The GPS thing would be fun. But it doesn't look like my perfect case would fit the new phone either. All in all, this time I'll wait. Really. I'm not kidding. Quit laughing. This means you.


The "Mobile Me" thing looks cool enough, not all that different from the old .Mac (of which I am a long-time fan), but the extra disk space is very nice.



No comments: