6.10.2008

O M G

I was off the grid for hours - OK, minutes, but 10 or 15 at least, which was about how long it took for me to get to the air conditioned coffee shop where I could check my mail by phone. I shut the computer down before I left because it was getting pretty hot but I don't think the ambient sensor went over 90º, so 5 degrees to spare. The Accuweather widget said 96º, which it might have been, and the thermometer on the bank downtown said 102º. No way. I hope they do a better job of keeping track of the money.


Speaking of money, have you notice that banks are starting to look like discount stores again? They are around here. They're all giving stuff away. In lieu of interest, I suppose. But no thanks, I don't need a free blanket right now.


It's supposed to start cooling off again tomorrow. But tonight's my night to cook.



No comments: