2.25.2008

Whoa, close call

I was fooling around with the settings and clicked on "Delete this blog" by mistake. Fortunately gave me a chance to change my mind. I will never bitch about being asked "are you sure?" again.


But I've been thinking (yes, I do try to avoid that) about just where this thing's going, and I'm happy to say I don't know. I have tried all along to resist the temptation to adopt some kind of theme (other than work avoidance, which is not so much a theme as a principle of the universe) and I have succeeded admirably, IMO. Still, I've been toying around with some ideas for projects, one or more of which might result in YA blog. The media empire, inexorably, expands, world domination a mere click away.


Also, well, I've been wondering, what is it with politicians anyway? (Has that question been asked before?) Or at least, what is it with the ones we've got? (That?) I mean, take Obama and Clinton for example. (Please.) They both claim to have wonderful health care plans, right? And they're also both Senators, right? So what's preventing them from introducing their wonderful health care plans in the Senate? What's preventing Obama from introducing his $4,000 student credit whatever? What's preventing Clinton from....


Oh, never mind. Know what I think? What I think is both of them believe actually doing something about these things would hurt their chances of becoming President, but blabbering about them endlessly in "debates" would help. How weird is that?



No comments: