2.29.2008

LOL WINDOSE FUNz

So I'm fooling around with Vista here (moi!) and logged into Windows Live ("You could win a free Zune!"...Oh be still my heart) and I find this page of widgets, gadgets, whatever thingies to put on my very own desktop so I figure, you know, hey. I pick one and click on "Download" and a big window pops up, says "OMG this could destroy your computer, ruin your life, melt your butter, are you sure you want to do this?" I say no.

I click on another, same thing. Two or three more, same thing every time. I give up. Decide to try something else.

In class I tell people about Zoho, Thinkfree, stuff like that, so they can have a word processor to use if they don't have Word themselves at home, so I log into my own Zoho account - I've never used it myself in Windows! before - and I notice a Zoho plug-in for Office so I download it, click "Install" or whatever. Windows says "OMG are you kidding? This could destroy your computer...." Again. I give up.

So I'm sitting here just feeling lucky to have escaped with my life.

I guess I'll just, I don't know, type some stuff in Notepad for a while. That ought to be safe.

No comments: