3.13.2007

"Mistakes were made," says Gonzales.

Really! After a little preamble I won't dignify with a comment Gonzales just comes right out and says it:
I believe in accountability. Like every CEO of a major organization, I am responsible for what happens at the Department of Justice. I acknowledge that mistakes were made here.

OK, so he's a little confused about what his job is but still, "mistakes were made," Gonzales say.

Only not by him.
ATTY. GEN. GONZALES: I stand by the decision. Again, all political appointees can be removed by the president of the United States for any reason. I stand by the decision, and I think it was the right decision.
(Chicago Tribune)

So "mistakes were made" by some damned peon who blabbed, perhaps. Not by him.

Why are these guys not behind bars yet?

No comments: