2.10.2007

Vote Whig.

*

I found out about this election from Blue Gal (who likes Dukikis herself) and almost voted for George Washington (Red Coats really are so over) but then I thought no, no. Whigs rock.

Go vote.

And speaking of electoral nostalgia, I was listening this morning to Mermaid Avenue, the excellent album of Woody Guthrie songs by Billy Bragg and Wilco which includes a number called Christ for President in which the J-man is actually - OK you might not be ready for this so hold on tight - actually, I say, on the side of the little guy and is actually, I'm saying here, in favor of all kinds of leftie wimpo stuff like, for example, jobs.
O It's Jesus Christ our President
God above our king
With a job and a pension for young and old
We will make hallelujah ring

Go figure, huh?

We move on, we move on.

*Stolen image. My bad.

No comments: