12.03.2006

Avoiding the dread fruit float.

Who figures this stuff out? I'm making a sort of lemon cheese pie with sliced fruit and pineapple Jello on top. So the recipe says, after the cheese part is all done and the fruit slices where they're supposed to be you pour just a little Jello on the thing and refrigerate it shortly until it's slightly set but not firm. WTF? Is that unslightly firm? Unfirmly set? Firmly unset? Just sorta runny?

Go figure. And if you get it wrong the fruit will float.

Yikes! And I coulda made cookies!

Oh well. It might not make any difference in the end. This thing has only got crust on the bottom - either that or I didn't make enough crust stuff - so I don't know, when the sides of the pan come off, if I'll have a cheese pie or a giant blob. And then what difference will a little floating fruit make anyway, is all I'm saying.

No comments: