11.06.2006

How lucky we are.

Williams, Russert, Brokaw ready for big night

Sorry to be such a spoilsport, but my own opinion is that election returns should be embargoed for 48 hours and then released at the same time, nationwide. A two-day wait would make no difference at all to the national fortune, be endurable by all but the most crazed political junkies, and give everybody time to get the vote counted right. Releasing all the totals at the same time would prevent returns in the East from affecting returns in the West. And the whole arrangement would spare us all a lot of truly bad TV.

That said, I'll probably find a TV and watch for a little while myself, and I'll certainly be checking the Internets from time to time. With that in mind, here's a cheat sheet (I don't vouch for its accuracy in every detail but it seems to make a certain amount of sense) for interpreting the results.

No comments: