9.03.2006

Whoa! Does this sound depressing or what?

Like recycling? Cooking? Then welcome home - The Boston Globe:
WALTHAM -- Laura Mandelberg is a dedicated Democrat whose contribution to the decor of a suite at a Brandeis University's residence hall this year will be life-size cutouts of John F. Kennedy Jr. and Bill Clinton. Jordan Frazes is an avowed environmentalist who plans to post and preach the rules of waste recycling in the suite.
I don't mean to cast aspersions here, Laura, but, I mean, whoa. Life-size cutouts of Bill Clinton? And Jordan - recycling pep talks? I don't know, kids.

"Thematic housing," the Globe explains - or claims, at least - is much in demand on college campuses these days. So it's like, all the girls who like cardboard cutouts can live together in their place and all the guys who don't wash their underwear can live in theirs (oh wait, that's a frat house, maybe, I'm not sure) and, you know, so forth.

Sounds pretty dull to me. Hey, I'd hate to live with a bunch of guys just like I am. They'd drive me nuts.

No comments: