9.08.2006

Maybe it's some sort of Puritan's revenge.

Have you noticed this? The smaller (and therefore, by definition, cooler) tech gadgets become the more pollygagging im-freakin-penetrable the plastic packaging they put it in gets. Gets, I say. I mean, gets. What do you need to open those packages, an ax? By the time I get one open I have shredded the instruction sheet (not that I ever read the instructions anyway, but it's the principle of the thing) and only by a miracle have I managed to avoid shredding the product to. Wrap rage is what it is.

Anyway, I was passing through a Staples on the way home from work today and discovered a Sony flash drive about the size of a thumbnail, holds a gig of data, and could not resist. It came with a sort of wimpy baby blue carrying sleeve, which is regrettable, but blue seems to be a Sony thing. Anyway it was just too cool (and therefore, by definition, small) to pass up. It's plugged in and formatting as we speak.

But look. Folks. It's the 21st. Can't we find a more intelligent way to package things?

No comments: