4.19.2006

My bank gets robbed twice in less than a week.

recorder.com - Today's Headlines: "'I bet it was Max again,' said one young woman, who refused to be identified."

Max would also be the guy who, according to police, probably robbed another bank in the county between visits to my own. And there he was on this morning's front page (not the link above, which is to yesterday today but could be to today tomorrow, never can tell), Max, in not one but three handsome full-color photos from the bank's security cameras, looking sinister in a well-mannered way and making his most recent unauthorized withdrawal, whereupon he once again eluded police by, in the newspaper's description, slipping away in the downtown streets of which there are, is, one. Or two, if you turn the corner.

The town I went to college in, Northfield, Minnesota, was the locale for one of Jesse James' bank robberies, dramatically described in the 1972 movie, The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid and commemorated by a Jesse James Cafe, a Jesse James Barber Shop, and postcards sold at Tiny's Smoke Shop - things can get downright festive in a small town when the bank's been robbed - so I'm expecting a Max Fingernail Salon on Main Street any day now and maybe a big Max Days parade next year.

And if there's a movie maybe I can play myself as the intrepid blogger.

No comments: