3.11.2006

A day of living dangerously.

I survived not one but two trips to the supermarket parking lot today which is enough peril to give anyone pause. I may spend the rest of the day sitting right here, not wanting to push my luck. I could listen to “Treason's Harbor,” which has been in waiting for quite a while. I try to space out the O'Brian books because 1) if I didn't I'd be listening to nothing but for the next year or so and 2) I don't want to get to the end of the series any sooner than I have to. But the wait between the last one and this has been longer than usual and I'm way past ready to get back to sea.

“Cloud Atlas” was a long one, a good story - actually six good stories - with a good point to make, although if I were writing a review I'd have to wonder if the point might not have been made a whole lot more simply. So I won't. Write a review, I mean. It's a good book but you'll need to set some time aside for it if you want to give it a go.

And as long as I'm into entertainment here I ought to mention a movie called “Dummy.” If you're up for a romantic comedy with a deadpan sense of humor, full of wonderfully refreshing characters, put “Dummy” on your list. It's available on DVD.

No comments: