3.06.2006

Buttoned down for a morning on the dark side.

Sticky menus, “save as,” paragraph formatting, lists, special characters, cut copy paste, multiple documents, headers and footers, and like that. All word processors are pretty much the same. If they weren't they'd be called something else. Everybody uses Word because everybody uses Word, go figure. I have a copy of it right here, not that I ever use the thing. There are better ways. When did “easy” get such a bad name? Word has become so “helpful” it's become a complete PIA, IMO.

At least I'm lookin' good and that was a struggle, I'm telling you. Dug a shirt out of the laundry bag and it was so rumpled the collars stuck out like wings. I finally had to button them down. Now I'm Mr. Cool.

Also I may be turning into a geek. Thought that little list up there is so good I really ought to take it to class with me just so I don't forget. But it seemed a waste to use up a whole sheet of paper printing so I copied it into a text file and saved it on my iPod, which just happens to be plugged in. Now all I have to do it remember to take my iPod.

Or wait! I could have emailed it to my cell phone! How cool would that be? Cooler than buttoned down collars?

It's way too early for this.

No comments: