3.02.2010

Fantastic

That library place I discovered recently sends an email reminder when one of their quaint, paper-based reading devices is approaching its due date (due to be returned to the library, that is). How excellent is that?

The book that's coming due in two days is Valerie Plame Wilson's Fair Game, a book I won't be finished reading and one I won't bother to renew. Here's a tip: If I haven't read a book in one week it's not a book I like much. (I have a "finish your book," much like I have a "clean your plate" command embedded in my brain, but I've been working on amending that and, with the help of free reading on the internets, am making progress on that. Now, it's going to be "finish your book by the end of the week." Audio books take longer because listening is slower, but for book books, the kind you read with your eyes, two, maybe three days suffices for a good one so seven is plenty of time.)

Plame's book, BTW (did I mention Plame's book?) contains very little information you don't already know (and care about) and is so heavily redacted by CIA minders that it makes for a very disjointed read. So it won't be listed book list, but if you're trying to punish yourself for something, somehow, checking it out might be just the thing.


No comments: