3.17.2023

The pizza cure

I’ve been hobbling around on the house crutches (yes, it turns out my apartment comes with free access to the house crutches) for the last day and a half or so since one of my knees gave out Wednesday evening. It happened on the bottom step of a staircase, which was lucky. Happening at the top might have been quite a tumble.

So last night the people who live downstairs, who are not only my neighbors but my landlords and also family, arrived here with a pizza for supper. And when they left, they left behind a few slices for my breakfast. And it worked.

My knee is improving rapidly. I can navigate with only one crutch now, and I successfully descended the three steps to the first landing outside my front door, and returned unscathed. Maybe this evening I will try all the way down and back.

I have decided to withdraw from the next Summer Olympics, but I expect to be down (downstairs, that is) and around soon. Pizza, good neighbors, and family fix just about anything. 

No comments: